Now is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
For over 60 years, Lebanon VA Medical Center has passionately served with trust, excellence and commitment. We have a vibrant affiliation with the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine based at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA and maintain 106 other academic affiliations in a wide variety of disciplines. The largest employer in Lebanon County offering a wide range of benefits including: Retirement, Thrift Savings Plan, Federal Employees Groups Health Insurance, Federal Employees Group Life Insurance, Supplemental Dental and/or Vision, and more. Full-time Nurses earn 4 hours of sick leave each pay period with no limit on the amount that can be accumulated and, also, earn 8 hours of "annual" leave (used for vacation, rest/relaxation, personal business, etc.) with an ability to accumulate a maximum of 685 hours. Additional information can be found on our internet site http://www.lebanon.va.gov/.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Selectee will not be required to file a financial disclosure report.
1st Area of consideration: Current permanent employees of VA Medical Center Lebanon, PA.
Note: On June 26, 2017, the closing date of this announcement was extended to July 5, 2017.
As a Registered Nurse in Inpatient Behavioral Health program, join this dynamic team of professional providing quality health care, with dignity, compassion and respect to Veterans in South Central PA, you will employ sound clinical judgment and adept skills within the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for Veterans receiving care at Lebanon VA Medical Center. As a staff nurse you will:
· direct delivery of care to an outpatient Veteran population ranging from adults 18 years and over
through the geriatric life span with the largest concentration of patients treated being in the 50+ age
· devise care plans;
· collaborate with others;
· teach Veterans, families and other staff.
· provide, promote and maintain quality Veteran care through assessment and monitoring of mentally ill
· oversee the nursing functions and collaborate with the Nursing Manager (NM);
· serve as a role model/mentor to other nursing staff;
· implement health promotion and prevention practices;
· evaluate and observe Veterans acute and chronic mental illnesses;
· attain appropriate lengths of stay and most effective level of care;
· treat Veterans with dignity and respect;
· document care;
· monitor Veterans for risk behaviors;
· promote Veteran participation in therapeutic community;
· seek Veteran choice in care plan participation based on Veteran-centered care;
· evaluate and take appropriate action on unit for safety issues;
· administer prescribed medication and ensure safety/security of narcotic administration;
· apply combat specific sensitivity and awareness, as well as, care for Veterans of various ages;
· serve as a resource for Veterans and staff in addressing ethical issues;
· monitor staff compliance with RME; and compliant with guidelines, procedures and policies
1 - Primarily day shift 7:45 am - 4:15 pm Rotating to evening and night shifts, includes holidays and weekends.
1 - Evening shift 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, includes holidays and weekends.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
VA needs new employees with a wide variety of skills and professions.Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of some truly special and deserving people.Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.Those who a...lready work at VA feel privileged to assist the men and women who have defended our country. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.The Department of Veterans Affairs is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. America's veterans need you.