This position, in collaboration with the Supervisor and the Director of Corporate Quality and Health Outcomes, other executive leaders, directors, and managers of the organization, directs, initiates, integrates, and oversees a comprehensive patient safety (including infection control) program throughout the PMS Health Center System. The Patient Safety Coordinator serves as an expert resource on accreditation, regulatory compliance, and patient safety (including infection control) practices. Position may be based in Albuquerque or Santa Fe. Requires extensive travel throughout New Mexico.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Has completed a basic infection control course or is able to complete a basic infection course within first year of entering the position.
• Minimum of three years' experience as a Registered Nurse within a clinical setting.
• Has knowledge and experience in areas of patient care practices, microbiology, asepsis, disinfection/sterilization, adult education, infectious diseases, communication, program administration and epidemiology.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• License to practice as a Registered Nurse in New Mexico. Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment.
• Certification in Infection Control preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Excellent benefits including the following: health care plan (medical & dental insurance); voluntary vision insurance, employer-paid term life insurance, accidental death/dismemberment insurance, and long-term disability insurance; paid leave (including 9 holidays), professional license stipend, and continuing professional education leave.
Presbyterian Medical Services (PMS) is a non-profit integrated healthcare delivery system providing medical, dental, behavioral health, supportive living and children’s services. Proudly serving New Mexico communities for over 48 years, PMS continues to be a leader in providing quality rural healthcare and human services. Presbyterian Medical Services is located in 38 communities throughout New Mexico and has an employee base of over 1,400.