Providence is calling a Full Time, Day Shift Patient Experience Specialist to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center South Bay in both Torrance and San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
• Plan and set objectives and direct activities under the leadership of the Patient Experience Director.
• Implement operational plans and tools and oversees a supportive infrastructure to continually improve and manage the patient experience in the South Bay.
• Provide direct service intervention to patient and their families by proactively responding to complaints identified from patients, family/visitors, and/or hospital staff members; speak with patient for clarification of the concerns; communicate with all departments involved to identify the concern and resolution.
• Perform rounding on patients, families, and visitors.
• Routinely visit patients and others, proactively seeking and responding to inquiries or complaints identified from patient, family/visitors, and/or hospital caregivers in a timely manner.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment to resolve issues, communicating with department managers/supervisor or other appropriate parties for resolution and follow-up when needed.Pro-actively assists in referring patients to appropriate services and resources.
• Serve as patients’ advocate, representing the patients’ needs and concerns during complaint resolution process.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women’s and Children’s Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 178188.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum five or more years experience in Patient Experience/Service Excellent/Customer Service
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel to include tables, charts, pivot tables, data creation and manipulation
• Excelled computer skills (Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Master's Degree
• Experience in Studer Group Practices and Press Ganey or other patient satisfaction vendor
• Experience in data analysis, creating customized dashboards and strong data technology and systems