St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
The Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible scheduling, credentialing, preparing applications for appointments, granting access privileges to staff, and maintaining databases and files. The Medical Staff Coordinator is expected to support the following functions:
- Collects and verifies candidates’ education, experience, licensure, certification, and all other documentation needed to onboard a new provider.
- Assists with the interview and onboarding process as needed.
- Grants privileges, corresponds with Credentialing Committee, Department Chairs and licensing agencies, and manages access for clinical and administrative associates.
Quality and Data Integrity
- Uses knowledge of State and Federal regulations to ensure compliance with new and existing policies.
- Maintains data and files, and assists with technology-related issues and requests as needed.
- Leverages experience to evaluate the effectiveness of administrative functions within the department.
Medical Staff Liaison
- Acts as a conduit of information between the department and internal or external stakeholders.
- Supports the communication needs of the clinical informatics team, alerts staff about ongoing education opportunities, and responds to requests for information from providers, payers, administration and others in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Records and Database Management
- Maintains departmental records in accordance with medical, legal, and hospital policy.
- Builds relationships with providers and ensures departmental information is shared.