Providence is calling a Director of Finance to Providence Seward Medical and Care Center in Seward, AK.
In this position you will:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the financial, accounting and MIS activities to assure an effective and efficient operation.
- Have direct responsibility for the financial activities of the facility, Health Information, Business Office Services, Accounts Payable, and Finance departments.
- Is responsible for financial analysis and forecasting, budgeting, reimbursement and rate review and accounting systems and operations.
- Serves as a member of the Leadership and Senior Leadership Teams.
- Provide visionary leadership to motivate and facilitate the provision of overall organizational services with particular emphasis on the financial, maintenance and support services areas.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, health or other related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in accounting or a related field with specific experience in health care finance including third party reimbursement and financial analysis.
- One (1) year management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- A working knowledge of computers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree.
- Hospital Financial Professional Certification (HFMA.)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA.)
- Previous Critical Access Hospital experience.
About the Providence Seward Medical and Care Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 148829