Providence is calling a Transitional Care Unit Registered Nurse ( 0.9 FTE / Day Shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable and responsible for the delivery of direct care to patients individually and through the assignment and direction of the patient care team, utilizing a collaborative patient care management process, meeting established standards of nursing care and integrating other health care team members.
- Respond to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- 1 year of RN experience working in a Transitional Care Unit (TCU), skilled nursing facility (SNF), or acute care setting.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 150319