Providence is calling a Chief Internal Audit Officer -open to location (CA/OR/WA).
This position will lead Audit services provided to Providence Healthmarkets and oversees approximately 70 professional employees with varying backgrounds. Additionally, this position will participate and support the Senior Vice President – Chief Risk Officer in support of the Board's Audit & Compliance Committee. Oversight will include working with the market directors to develop risk based plans that have been vetted with key stakeholders, identifying accountabilities of management team to implement the plans and assuring that the plans reflect the current priorities of the organization, at least quarterly with management and CRO input. Additionally, the position will assist the CRO in developing audit and compliance committee, management oversight committee and other key committee materials for presentation. Audit Services provided through our markets include advisory assistance on key risk areas; conducting investigations, where applicable; performing auditing and monitoring of risks and where applicable, mitigation activities; developing and assuring consistency of audit integrity and infrastructure, ,and providing system wide audit services.. This position, along with the market directors, will also represent their Division on key committees and task forces; and lead system-wide initiatives as determined by the SVP/CRO, on behalf of the Division.
This position will be visible to the communities PSJH serves which will translate to travel of approximately 50% with the region.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- One of the following certifications: CPA License, CIA certification, Certified in healthcare compliance.
- Minimum of ten (10) years work experience in the Healthcare industry Required
- Minimum of ten (10) years work experience in internal audit / risk.
- 7 years management experience including working with executives, boards and committees.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in healthcare administration, finance, business administration or related field.
- Revenue and/or Reimbursement experience.
- Experience in a multi-state, full continuum, matrixed organization.
- Experience in supervising staff in multiple locations, staff who are not direct reports but matrixed and working with contracted help.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Leadership
Req ID: 146833