Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Nights\) to work in the Obstetric Support Float at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for working in a team environment using a multidisciplinary approach, with a team of care providers, providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\. With passion, skill, creativity, respect, and a positive approach, the RN assumes accountability to peers, and functions as a strong team player in caring for patients\.
In this position you will:
- The OB Flex nurse is part of a team of nurses that meet the rapidly changing patient care needs that are characteristic of Labor & Delivery, Antepartum, Post Partum and Cesarean Section Team
- May be called upon to change units and assignments at short notice
- Rotate through all units in the department with designated nurses assigned to be moved to meet needs on a particular day in an effort to provide continuity of care
- Perform competently and professionally in all areas and be a role model in demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude and strong problem solving skills
- Be a self\-directed continuous learner, supportive, fast\-paced and resourceful
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program \(NRP\) certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- Recent L&D experience with a background in high risk OB, Antepartum and Post Partum
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Req ID: 146542