The Certified Nursing Assistant is qualified to attend to the needs of the patient population in the ICU. The CNA II will perform duties as assigned under the supervision of the Charge RN. The CNA II is trained in the delivery of age appropriate care by hospital policy. Performs assigned tasks in accordance with the hospital's philosophy, values, standards, policies and procedures. In addition to Certified Nursing Assistant responsibilities, the CNA -- Telemetry Tech will be responsible for monitoring patients on cardiac telemetry and will record activities as appropriate and perform 12 lead EKG's. Will maintain on-going communication with physician's and patient care providers.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the
unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures
as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal
strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role
1. Assists nursing in carrying out the nursing plan of care.
2. Vital signs are completed and reported to nursing within 1 hour of scheduled time.
3. I/O's are collected and reported to nursing 30 minutes prior to end of shift.
4. All assigned baths are completed within the shift assigned.
5. Notifies nurse of any significant changes in patient condition within 5 minutes of identification.
6. Ambulates and assists patient with ADLs within assigned time frame.
7. Returns all equipment to SPD by end of shift.
8. Responds to call light within 5 -- 15 minutes.
9. Monitor's patients on cardiac telemetry monitoring and continuously watches and records changes in rhythm.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.