The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
As a Dosimetrist, there will be exciting opportunities to be part of the health care transformation. This position prepares radiation therapy treatment plans as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. Performs needed assessment, care and treatment planning for patient population. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Radiation Oncology and wants to grow with the team! We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, where insurance plans and physicians come together to work collaboratively to make things easier for the member. The division serves over 500,000 members in our community.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position prepares radiation therapy treatment plans as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. Performs needed assessment, care and treatment planning for patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs computer and manual treatment planning as prescribed by the physician for patients requiring radiation therapy treatments. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Calculates all initial treatment doses and reviews calculations of treatment and doses performed by the therapist. Monitors patient's dosimetric calculations and ensures the safe administration of therapeutic radiation treatments.
3. Works collaboratively with staff and physicians to develop treatment plans, discuss diagnosis and desired treatment results. May act as a dosimetry resource for staff. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
4. Responsible for the review of diagnostic information to produce the development of an optimized treatment plan. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
5. Participates as required in all aspects of radiation therapy planning and treatments Performs and/or assists in radiographic simulations. Responsible for the fabrication of shielding blocks.
6. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies. Ensures the safe receipt, administration, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials utilizing ALARA principles.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department by performing other duties as assigned.
9. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/hospital policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of radiation oncology and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certified as a Medical Dosimetrist by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB). BLS Certification.
Knowledge as typically obtained through 2 years experience in dosimetry. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1945
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.