Innovation and highly trained staff. Banner Health leaders can access the staff and resources they need to bring their vision to life. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Revenue Integrity has become a leading national focus to gain greater visibility for sound financial outcomes/practices, compliance and optimal reimbursement with focus across all continuums of patient care. Revenue Integrity in an integral part of the Revenue Cycle and covers all essentials related to it. We have teams comprised of Charge Capture, Pre-bill, Post-bill and Monitoring (Auditing). RI also utilizes technology to enhance achievement along with an added focus where necessary that may include high dollar accounts, denials, improved A/R days and cash flow while collaborating with many areas such as Billing, Coding, CDM Services Expected reimbursement
The Revenue Integrity Charge Capture Supervisor is responsible for providing coordination and/or collection of relevant financial data to prepare and interpret financial reports for management in an accurate and timely manner. This position provides maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of assigned financial systems and databases. This position provides oversight of the charge specialists ensuring timely and accurate charge capture and correction of revenue resulting from hospital services.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing coordination and/or collection of relevant financial data to prepare and interpret financial reports for management in an accurate and timely manner. This position provides maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of assigned financial systems and databases. This position provides oversight of charge specialists ensuring timely and accurate charge capture and correction of revenue resulting from hospital services.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated charge staff within department. This includes initiating promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions. This includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed. Provides oversight and coordination for charge staff who have direct reporting lines to operational leaders.
2. Gathers data from various sources to document and analyze statistics and financial information necessary to complete projects in assigned area. Generates various monthly or bi-weekly financial reports or ad hoc reports that enable management to control and analyze operations.
3. Works with management and staff of various departments to assist with financial data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of financial information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of statistical files and databases used for financial reporting.
4. Works with other analysts to manage key financial processes within the organization (including operating budgets, forecasts program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support and reimbursement analysis).
5. Provides financial modeling resources for special projects assigned to the department by management for analysis.
6. Prepares timely and accurate reports and presentations for state and federal agencies, administration and corporate to satisfy mandated reporting requirements policy, law or management. Maintains accurate statistical, contractual or other financial databases, as assigned.
7. May serve as Cost Center/Program CFO (as assigned), which includes the initiation and assistance in identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis. Educates users of the assigned financial reporting system on the utilization of reports and the functionality of those reports.
8. Works with management and staff of various departments to assist with data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of statistical files and databases used for financial and other business reporting purposes.
9. Provides leadership, direction and training for staff reporting to operation leaders; audits and resolves work process problems. Uses specialized knowledge to analyze information and solve business problems. Works independently under general supervision. Provides management with accurate and timely information necessary to effectively manage financial operations for revenues in excess of $300m annually. Consults internally with Department Directors, Administration, Data Operations, Financial Services Department Personnel and Banner Health System personnel. Works with State governmental agencies, colleagues as other healthcare facilities, professional organizations and outside vendors.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 3 to 4 years of experience in healthcare financial management/analysis work. Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Requires strong abilities in statistical analysis, data interpretation, computer software applications, database and spreadsheet programs, plus a proficiency in financial modeling techniques to generate management reports, projections, allocations, and analyses.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R2053
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.