Help change health care; help change the world. Make real change in health care with the freedom to innovate and highly trained staff to execute your vision. Apply today to join the Banner Health leadership team.
Banner Health Transfer Services is a centralized 24/7 department (in an office setting environment) responsible for managing the transfer of patients for needed medical services. The department receives requests from emergency departments and hospitals across the state who are unable to meet the patient's acute care needs. Banner Health Transfer Services supports placement of these patients by an in depth understanding of the services available across the Banner system. As an integral component of the Banner Health System, the Transfer Services supports the transfer needs of over 60,000 patients annually and is poised for growth as Banner Health expands its services. Banner Health Transfer Services utilizes multiple software platforms that are designed to meet the specific communication and documentation needs for complex transfers.
The RN Director role at Banner Health Transfer Services is a senior level leadership position that has system level impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in leading leaders, assisting with establishing department and system strategic goals, executing highly complex project implementations and managing a multi-million dollar budget. This leadership position oversees all clinical aspects of the Transfer Service and partners with the other department directors to standardize operations, promote growth, ensure high quality, and develop efficiencies. A unique and highly impactful clinical department, Banner Health Transfer Services is poised to be a national best practice trend setter and is at the forefront of continued development of the Banner Health front door.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and use keywords RN New Grad to search for openings.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides strategic leadership and administration in the areas of patient transfer coordination in the companies regional facilities and across the southwestern United States. Additional responsibilities include ensuring safety and quality in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position promotes a professional practice environment and develops and maintains collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization to positively impact the business of quality outcomes, cost reduction, and a high degree of patient and employee satisfaction. Responsibilities include all aspects of clinical operations, clinician education, customer service, patient safety, financial outcomes, and quality outcome management and regulatory compliance.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
2. Provides infrastructure and systems to empower staff to contribute to organizational goals and achieve desired outcomes. Creates processes for sharing information and decision-making across care settings and roles. Develops strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization to positively impact business, nursing and patient outcomes. Oversees the management of financial, human and material resources, to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and goals and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and policies. Creates and supports a clinical practice environment focused on nursing professional autonomy, inter-professional collaboration and innovation.
3. Leads the integration of innovation and evidence-based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
4. Plans, directs and monitors the regional patient placement program. Provides advice, counsel, feedback and coordination to promote a collegiality between staff, physicians and the company leadership teams. Develops and fosters excellent relationships with rural providers to facilitate clinically appropriate patient transfers and improve continuity of care.
5. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems related to care coordination programs.
6. Oversees developed budgets to meet corporate goals and objectives. Meets annual budgetary goals. Manages and reports expenditures.
7. Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staff's contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the system.
8. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
9. Responsible for the function and strategic development of a clinical department(s) within a facility. Accountable for clinical outcomes and ensuring clinical excellence. Coordinates services with other leaders and administrators to achieve goals. Internal customers include facility and system management, staff, and physicians. External customers include patients, families and regulatory agencies.
Must possess a strong knowledge of nursing, case management or healthcare related as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing, healthcare or related field.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through 3-5 years of progressive care management experience. Requires demonstrated experience leading and/or managing strategic clinical operations. Requires strong written and oral communication skills. Must demonstrate strong decision-making and critical thinking skills along with the ability to lead change.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R3426
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.