Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
This position manages a complex caseload of patients by providing comprehensive nutritional assessments and nutrition-focused physical exams, developing and managing all aspects of appropriate nutrition care plans and monitoring outcomes of plans. Provides patient and family nutrition counseling and education. Develops Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary Health Care team providing input into patient care policies, programs, quality improvement activities and provides in-service education in areas of expertise.
Shift: Day Shift
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY This position manages a complex caseload of patients by providing comprehensive nutritional assessments and nutrition-focused physical exams, developing and managing all aspects of appropriate nutrition care plans and monitoring outcomes of plans. Provides patient and family nutrition counseling and education. Develops Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary Health Care team providing input into patient care policies, programs, quality improvement activities and provides in-service education in areas of expertise.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides comprehensive nutrition assessment of patients' nutritional needs, to include nutrition-focused physical exams as appropriate. Obtains timely and appropriate data and analyzes/interprets data based on evidence-based standards and established practice guidelines.
2. Demonstrates and maintains competency in enteral and parenteral clinical practice protocols and oral nutrition management standard of practice as demonstrated by successful completion of initial competency exams and ongoing evaluation.
3. Writes orders to initiate and manage the nutrition care and of all assigned patients including those receiving nutrition support (parenteral and enteral nutrition) per protocols.
4. Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and communicates effectively to the other members of the healthcare team to provide optimal nutrition outcomes. Provides pertinent information in the medical records, patient plans of care and/or clinical pathways while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and Local Agencies).
5. Provides nutrition education to patients, families, staff and other health care team professionals through the development of effective teaching materials and in-service programs; Evaluates patient and/or family response to education.
6. Provides leadership in area of coverage, monitors proper patient care procedures and acts as liaison with nursing areas. May participate in process improvement teams. Serves as mentor to new staff and interns where assigned.
7. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities in clinical areas to ensure optimal nutrition care outcomes are achieved. May participate in outcome studies as needed. In some roles, this position may manage assigned staff: recruits, selects, trains, evaluates, manages performance.
8. This position interacts with patients, families, health care providers and nutrition and dietary staff in support of providing high quality nutrition assessment, care planning, delivery and measurement of outcomes. Position communicates effectively and provides education to ensure optimum nutritional care. Position works independently and provides guidance to nutrition services staff in the development of nutrition plans. Position may also provide community education.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess knowledge of nutrition and dietetics demonstrated through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics. Must be a Registered Dietitian or RD Eligible (academic and professional requirements as defined by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; RD credentials within 6 months of hire). Must hold current registration through the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and be able to maintain ongoing registration while providing verification of registration annually. Maintains current licensure as required by State law.
Must be able to communicate effectively and function independently. Must be effective at prioritizing assigned patient case load.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R3614
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.