Therapy helps our patients recover from illness and injury and get back to a normal life after surgery. Compassionate and professional employees make up our therapy team as they understand how important their role is to the healing process. If you want a workplace that is full of opportunities for growth and learning, look no further than Banner Thunderbird therapy services
As an Occupational Therapist at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center you will become part of a fun and engaging team culture that focuses on professionalism and customer service. Join a team that Practices being courageously innovative, has a robust Shared Leadership program, Encourages close collaboration between OTs, SLPs, PTAs, Rehab techs, Physicians, Case Managers, RNs, and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, and Supports involvement in facility-wide teams and committees. This opportunity is full-time; day shift 40hrs per week. This opportunities a flat rate $3 weekend shift differential.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Occupational Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals.. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goal Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
2. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner.. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
3. Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, co-workers and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
6. Demonstrates appropriate direction and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. direction and delegation of the COTA, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational activities. Participates in department/facility process improvements. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
8.This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, requires or clarify information
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must have successfully completed the academic requirements of an educational program in occupational therapy approved by the appropriate governing board. Must possess a current Occupational Therapy license from the State of practice.
Current license from state of practice. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job. Demonstrates through behaviors and answers to job related experiential questions.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5435
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.