At Banner Health, we believe that "leadership matters" and is a key component to providing excellent patient care. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence, and begin making a difference in people's lives.
This position is essential to quality patient care! Bring your passion for customer service and quality to us! In this role, you must be comfortable with patient interaction, greeting and making sure the patient feels welcomed. Come join our very busy multi-specialty clinic - in this role you will interact with 100-150 patients a day, being the face of the clinic. Open your own doors to growth opportunities as this is a great stepping stone for further leadership opportunities within Banner! Your background should include at least a year of healthcare experience.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet (tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital'sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
This position works to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the assigned department, including day-to-day administration of non-physician staff and operations. Uses specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide excellent patient care.
1. Provides full administrative or business support for one or more departments. Demonstrates understanding of office or area practices and procedures and business terminology. Demonstrates speed and accuracy with word processing. Displays proficiency in organization, communication and human relation skills.
2. Utilizes critical thinking and communication skills for day to day functions. Applies detailed instructions and procedures to resolve problems. Chooses best alternative from group of known possibilities. Inputs and maintains data in computer system for the department.
3. Utilizes customer experience skills. Responds to standard requests from internal customers. Interacts primarily with department personnel, supervisor and cross department personnel.
4. Prioritizes and organizes own work. Uses discretion to modify work practices to achieve results or improve efficiency.
5. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff, providers, and other departments. Serves as a role model and resource person for providing quality patient care and patient information as needed.
6. Assists in maintaining office policies and procedures in accordance with physician requirements, facility and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related regulatory requirements.
7. Interactions may include, but are not limited to, all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, vendors, community providers and agencies
Must possess a general knowledge of healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in business, healthcare administration or related field.
Requires a proficient knowledge of clerical and administrative services, education, training, and development as typically demonstrated through five years of experience in a business and/or healthcare environment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Highly organized and responsive.
Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills.
Position requires proficiency in personal software applications, including word processing, generating spreadsheets, and creating graphics/presentations.
Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R8472
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.