Banner Health is conducting a nationwide search for COO, Emergency Transportation to join our team. Banner Health, an integrated healthcare delivery system based in Phoenix, Arizona, is nationally recognized as an innovative, quality and patient centric driven health care organization who is dedicated to our mission, "making healthcare easier so life can be better".
This newly created role facilitates alignment, integration, and collaboration across the enterprise to ensure the needs of patients, physicians, customers, and staff are met. This is an excellent opportunity for a proven strategic leader to contribute in the successful growth and evolution of one of the nation's top integrated healthcare systems.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position provides strategic leadership and administration in Banner Health Emergency Transportation.(BHET). Leadership responsibilities include oversight of business operations, capital purchases, strategic planning and development, and facilitating a positive image of the practices within the business community. This position provides strategic analysis, and recommendations to Board of Directors, and Senior Leaders of Banner Health. Responsibilities include all aspects of organizational administration, business development, management of third party and joint ventures, clinical operations, employee education and competency, customer service, patient safety, financial outcomes, quality management and regulatory compliance. Serves as a liaison to affiliate services, both contracted and non-contracted, and provides related service contract oversight. Utilizes effective interpersonal skills and demonstrate behavior consistent with system standards. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding transportation services and practices.
1. Directs the operations of the BHET department. Develops services, programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization's overall strategic plan and initiatives. Provides strategic leadership in partnership with the VP of Care Delivery and the Board of Directors to ensure continuous, accurate, timely and cost effective services while finding innovative ways to increase volume within AZ markets.
2. Owns success of the P&L of BHET. Develops and manages operational and capital budgets with strategic and business growth plans. Develops, implements, coordinates, monitors, evaluates and integrates transportation services that contribute to the overall success and financial viability of transportation services. Uses creativity in the delivery of services and products in a highly competitive market. Develops strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization to positively impact business and communicate.
3. Provides appropriate leadership and representation at meetings and on Banner, joint venture partners, and BHET committees. Serves as a professional resource for staff and administration. Collaborates with Medical Director and Clinical Staff regarding transportation programs and services.
4. Leads, ensures the highest of safety standards for patients, team members, pilots and aircraft. Continually evaluates performance relative to need for improvement of processes to assure safe and appropriate delivery of services. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems related to care coordination programs.
5. Manages staff resources by overseeing the recruiting, selecting, hiring and orienting qualified individuals. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Develops core position hiring strategies and ensures opportunities for professional development. Creates a cohesive team committed to providing quality service to all customers.
6. Develops and monitors applicable policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulatory agency standards.
7. Responsible for the function and strategic development of a clinical department(s) within a facility. Accountable for clinical outcomes and ensuring clinical excellence. Coordinates services with other leaders and administrators to achieve goals. Internal customers include facility and system management, staff, and physicians. External customers include patients, families and regulatory agencies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned area of responsibility as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience in Operations, Healthcare or Aviation, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a major health care organization, health system setting, or large multi-operational corporate environment in complex industries similar to healthcare.
Proven track record of partnering with physicians to achieve desired organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible healthcare operations. Strong financial and business acumen, including a keen understanding of operational and financial measures that define success, as well as budgeting and forecasting methodologies, including working knowledge of capital planning and capital investment practices. Knowledge of emerging trends in quality and patient safety. Skilled in coaching and developing direct reports and/or other employees that results in enhanced performance outcomes; setting and pursuing aggressive priorities and goals that demonstrate a strong commitment to overall organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish goals and objectives; quickly assessing and assimilating facility and industry financial dynamics in order to act quickly and appropriately to changing environmental factors; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the facility and organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative and positive relationships with medical staff, employees, volunteers, the community, and/or other applicable parties; measuring and managing work outputs. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R10087
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.