Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Are you a talented, empathic social worker interested in serving aging adults and family caregivers living with dementia?
Are you Masters Level Social Worker (LMSW) who effectively manages crises and seeks greater clinical experience and clinical supervision?
Are you a team player who works well within a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive, high quality care for patients and families?
If so, please consider applying for this new position within Banner Alzheimer's Institute developed to coordinate a telephone Support Line to assist families served by our clinics.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
POSITION SUMMARY This position develops, coordinates and provides social work services to community members who are faced with social, emotional and situational stressors. This position is also responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering a group of volunteers, who partner to provide these social services; this includes managing, recruiting, training, scheduling and evaluating a diverse group of volunteers in accordance with organizational vision, mission and philosophy. This position promotes and supports volunteerism through community programs and partnerships.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides advocacy, education, assistance, support and referral services to community members in need. Participates in facility-sponsored support groups. In the case of suspected abuse/neglect/exploitation, documents and reports where required.
2. Assesses the functional and psychological needs and formulates an action plan, in partnership with the client. Facilitates adjustment in the action plan or services, as needed, to promote enhanced outcomes, ensuring all documentation is completed both timely and accurately.
3. Manages and facilitates volunteer program development in new service areas by working closely with internal departments to identify areas of opportunity. Oversees and supervises community volunteers and associated in-service programs. Manages volunteer resources and people to achieve the program goals.
4. Manages, prepares, and maintains appropriate and accurate statistical data, volunteer files, and program information. Oversees and assures the documentation and maintenance of appropriate statistics, accurate volunteer file maintenance, and compliance with all regulatory and/or accreditation requirements.
5. Assists in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement and monitoring on an ongoing basis to meet the mission, goals and objectives of the center and organization.
6. This position has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures and confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. This position provides social work services to the community and also manages related volunteers and programs. Customers include, but are not limited to, employees, volunteers, community members, grantors, community organizations, regulatory agencies, and vendors.
Requires a Master's in Social Work, Counseling or related field.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3 years related experience. Must have knowledge of government/community resources and any other applicable resources/services. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact and provide assistance to a diverse group of individuals. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages. Skilled in handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task workload in a fast paced environment. Proficient use of written language in composing a variety of presentations, policies, procedures, and other applicable communication pieces. Skilled in maintaining composure and professional demeanor in difficult and stressful situations.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prior experience working with volunteers in an oversight capacity preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R9758
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.