If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing Resource Optimization Center - also known as the ROC. You will report to the ROC Director and have five Real Time Performance Analysts reporting directly to you. The ROC team consists of a variety of positions - we have Forecasters, Schedulers, Real-time Analysts, Business Analysts, and a newly formed Protocols Analyst - all supporting the Banner Health contact centers.
Your role will be critical to our organization's success. You will be overseeing the ROC Command Center and Real-Time Performance team working to improve intra-day gaps and achieve our abandon rate goals. You will be working with site leadership to evaluate areas of opportunity and execute staffing plans. Strong communication skills are necessary as the role is also tasked with helping to develop a customer experience culture and educate business partners on call center metrics.
Banner Health is investing significant resources to the contact centers to enhance the customer experience. The exciting part is joining us in this journey as we continue to building and develop a high-performing team and creating a customer-centric culture.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides leadership and management for the real-time operational contact delivery across the Banner Health network of care (Banner Health Network, Banner Medical Group, Banner Pharmacy, customer service, employee benefit services, and individual facility support). This role leads the team responsible for managing the intraday contact center performance in order to achieve the Abandon Contact Rate goals. This position will oversee the team engaging with the customer service operations groups to adjust staffing levels, reschedule pre-planned off-the-phone activities, and course-correct deviations to the staffing plan.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provide direct management of the real-time performance team to improve the effectiveness of the contact center workforce. The team will address real-time intraday staffing gaps, reschedule off-the-phone time to periods where excess staffing is forecasted, and escalate staffing deficiencies to leadership. Address schedule adherence gaps.
2. Collaborate with key business partners across the Banner customer service network to execute the contact agent staffing plan in order to achieve the Abandon Contact Rate goals. Build effective partnerships through strong relationship building skills in order to course-correct deviations from the staffing plan.
3. Interpret the short-term staffing plan and take immediate action to close the gap between the forecasted staffing actuals and requirements.
4. Troubleshoot, triage, and analyze contact center performance issues and appropriately initiate resolution steps. Liaise between the customer service contact groups and the Information Technology teams.
5. Understand the contact delivery paths and how the contact routing impacts the staffing plan and the complexities related to multi-skills and overflows to other servicing groups.
6. Lead, develop, and create a high-performing team to operate the real-time command console. The team will be located in multiple locations.
7. Establish performance objectives for direct reports. Responsible for employee coaching, counseling, and performance reviews. Interview prospective employees as necessary.
8. Position has accountability for the real-time performance of the Banner contact center performance. Role will interface with contact center business groups to determine how to mitigate staffing shortages and impacts to Abandon Contact Rates. Must be able to navigate in an ever-changing environment. Will operate under minimal direction, conferring with Director as required. This position provides leadership of team members who provide day-to-day operational decisions with respect to the real-time performance of the contact centers. Examples of operational decisions are coordination of workforce response to unanticipated spikes/drops in demand and execution business continuation plans during times of system disruptions, natural disasters, and emergency drills.
Related experience normally obtained through completion of Bachelor's degree in related field.
Two to four years' experience in in contact center required. Proven successful track record in collaborating and influencing business partners to drive transformational change through leveraging data and analytics. Able to analyze and interpret data to make informed and appropriate decisions. Creative problem solver for varying situations while considering the macro viewpoint. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to clearly articulate points of view customized to the audience and provide compelling rationale to influence actions.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Previous contact center experience and basic understanding of contact routing concepts. High-level familiarity with Aspect WFM scheduling software. Working knowledge of the Banner Health contact center segments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12337
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.