Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Our Urgent Cares offer flexibility, minimal wait times and affordable services for patients. It is a smart, sensible choice when patients and staff need healthcare. Banner operates a network of urgent care centers across Arizona and Colorado with close to three dozen clinics and more opening each year, primarily in Phoenix, Tucson and Colorado. We keep our Urgent Care Clinics in zones so there is no travel across the valley. Banner recently added an online feature that increases the comfort and convenience for patients receiving care at our Banner Urgent Care facilities, it will "save their in line" avoiding sitting time in the waiting room.
As a Radiology Technologist, you will work with a passionate team of Providers, Medical Assistants and Techs to help ensure our patients receive exceptional care. Our urgent cares will give you the platform to use all your knowledge from working in specialty clinics and family practices and apply them in a fast-paced environment. Working 3 days a week in our clinics while still working forty hours, will give you the flexibility to have a great work life balance. This position is full-time; 3-13hrs shifts a week; 7:45am-9pm including weekend rotation at our location on 67th Ave & Bethany Home.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Discover the difference at Banner Urgent Care. With hours from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., you'll help care for patients in need of immediate medical attention. A sprained ankle from a basketball game. A nagging cough that won't go away. Whatever they're looking to treat, Banner Urgent Care is ready to help. With minimal wait times, affordable service and ultimate flexibility, Banner Urgent Care is a smart, sensible choice for patients and another great employment option at Banner Health.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed chest and extremity radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population. This position is responsible for assisting clinicians and nursing staff in providing medical care, as well as, implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills to provide an excellent patient experience.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares patients for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the clinician.
2. Performs the setup, acquisition and processing of prescribed chest and extremity radiographic procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Educates patients/families regarding the procedure and/or treatment to be performed.
3. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures which could include taking patients' blood pressure, documenting respiration and heart rate/pulse, taking temperature, as well as performing phlebotomies, ear irrigation and EKG's. Acts as chaperone as needed. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed. Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical process.
4. Coordinates and manages patient care including pre-certifications, referrals, authorizations, prescriptions and scheduling of patients for clinic, hospital and other ancillary medical treatments and tests. Responsible for communicating test results to patient. Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care. May administer medications in accordance with established policies and procedures or as directed.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, complete medical records including labs, authorizations, X-Rays, hospital records and any previous care pertaining to each patient visit. Provides complete and accurate information necessary for billing related to the patient encounter in a timely fashion.
6. Maintains a clean, functional environment, including exam rooms and storage areas. Cleans and disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions, following sterilization procedures, and following manufacturer's recommendations and OSHA guidelines in handling of hazardous substances. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs. Evaluates equipment quality control measurements in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures. Trouble-shoots equipment problems and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance.
7. Orders supplies and stocks patient care areas. Monitors inventory including medication/injectables and immunizations (e.g. expired medications/equipment and recalls). This position will complete all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed.
8. Ensures the efficient operation and workflow of the department by coordinating patient workflow throughout the day. Ensures exam rooms are stocked, performing room set-up, establishing patient transport, and schedule coordination with multi-disciplinary team members.
9. This position independently performs prescribed chest and extremity radiographic procedures and performs as a medical assistant under the direct supervision of the providers in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and patient protocols. This position interacts with physicians; patients and patients' families; other external contacts, such as regulatory and health agencies, employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies; and all levels of staff in a variety of departments concerning the health care of the patient. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
National certification as a Practical Radiologic Technologist or Limited Scope; licensure by state regulatory agency.
All direct patient care personnel are required to demonstrate competent performance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS) techniques for adults, children and infants according to the standards of a nationally recognized, standardized, credentialed healthcare provider course every other year. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program. Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R18562
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.