• Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
• Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
• Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
• Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
• Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
• Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (ED only)
6. May participate as a member of the Patient Care Delivery team that includes: Virtual Care RN, bedside RN & LPN.
7. Other duties as assigned
Addendum A: Psychiatric
• Monitor, report, and document changes in patient’s thought, behavior, and mood.
• Conduct therapeutic groups and activities, as assigned.
• Participate in multidisciplinary treatment team.
• Assist case manager in all legal paperwork regarding voluntary and involuntary admissions.
What You Will Need:
• Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
• Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
• Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
• Critical thinking / problem solving skills
• Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
• Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
• Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
• Basic computer skills
• Customer service skills
• High school diploma
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Florida C.N.A. License
• BLS -condition of employment
• CPI within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Unit)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Medical terminology
• Previous CNA Experience
• Previous 12 lead EKG experience (Emergency Department only)
The Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.), under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN, provides physical care as part of the multidisciplinary team, in accordance with the Hospital mission, physician and patient expectations.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.