Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
We are a clinic of family medicine. We have six medical doctors and five midlevel's which makes us a very demanding clinic within our rural area. Our providers provide a wide range of acute and chronic medical care across the lifespan of our patients: prenatal care, birth, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, to end-of-life care. In addition to diagnosing and treating illness, we also provide preventive care, including routine checkups, health-risk assessments, immunization and screening tests, and guidance for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
In this role, you will be a significant part of providing the best care for our patients new medical concerns and chronic health conditions, and provide integrated care with specialists to address all their health needs. From heart disease, stroke and hypertension, to diabetes, cancer, and asthma, our family medicine doctors provide patients with ongoing, personalized care. You will be joining a culture that is family oriented which makes for a very welcoming and comfortable environment.
This is a per diem opportunity that will work on-call as determined by department needs. Per diem positions are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. You will be eligible to apply to regular full-time or part-time opportunities as an internal applicant. In addition, you will enjoy excellent compensation, shift differentials, paid orientation, 401K, employee wellness program and employee discounts.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides nursing care under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse and/or licensed physician, and is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under his or her direction. This position observes, contributes to the plan of care, implements, reports and documents patient care in accordance with department policies, standard of care and state scope of practice. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to contribute to the assessment of data and to plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Observes, compiles and reports the patient's physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews available information obtained by health care team members.
2. Contributes to plan of care under direction of registered nurse, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of care. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews plan of care to reflect changing patient needs and provides input for updates as needed.
3. Implements care based on delegated interventions identified in care plan and medical orders, within scope of practice. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. May delegate and provide supervision in the provision of care to non-licensed personnel, in accordance with state scope of practice. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Reports condition of patient, including signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the registered nurse and/or physician. Observes and reports patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Observes and reports patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
5. Documents observation, implementation and data in the patient record. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patient's response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
6. May plan, organize, develop and coordinate the completion of documentation and the input of patient assessment data as required by federal regulation. Maintains, updates and revises required documentation according to patient changes in condition, as regulated by federal and/or state guidelines. Effectively communicates and coordinates with members of the interdisciplinary team regarding appropriate functional/care level and transition to another level. Performs audits related to the reimbursement documentation and the quality management process. Reviews audit results and presents summary information for management utilization and review.
7. May coordinate the admission process including new resident evaluations. Provides verbal and written communication to residents, families and referrals sources regarding the process for admission to the center. Facilitates problem solving with residents, families, referral sources, insurance companies and clinical staff.
8. This position works under supervision, prioritizing data from multiple sources to provide quality care and support to the patient and family. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families and physicians.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a current, valid LPN or LVN license in state of practice, temporary LPN or LVN license in state of practice, or compact LPN or LVN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice. Completion of a state approved IV therapy program may be required in certain facilities and/or departments in accordance with state scope of practice, regulatory requirements or facility/ department policy.
Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a LPN or LVN in the specialty area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Experience in designated clinical area is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R13755
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.