Location Address:13100 Fort King Rd, Dade City, FL 33525
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for day to day operations including staffing and patient flow in the assigned units, under the direction of the Director.
· Maintain clinical competencies and must be able to assist as needed at the bedside.
· Ensures a positive Patient Experience using the tools provided (i.e. Bedside Shift Report, Hourly Rounding, Nurse Leader Rounding, Interdisciplinary Team Rounding, use of Key Words) by the staff.
· Plans, designs, directs, integrates, and coordinates the nursing care for their respective service, inclusive of specific age groups dependent on the service standard of care.
· Incumbent in the position are the leadership responsibilities for providing collaborative processes to facilitate development of the hospital’s mission, vision and values within the department.
· Assists the Administrative Director and Chief Nursing Officer with strategic planning and operational plans, service designs, resource allocation and organizational policies.
· Provides leadership for patient care and support services, communicates objectives, and coordinates efforts to integrate these services throughout the hospital.
· Improves performance by establishing expectations, plans and priorities; manages performance improvement processes within the department and implements processes to measure, assess and improve the performance of management, clinical and support processes.
· Teaches and coaches staff and Clinical Coordinators to improve skills and knowledge.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must have excellent customer service/ communication skills
· Must have the ability to develop outstanding rapport and work well with the physicians & staff
· Ability to communicate effectively and present information to both large and small groups
· Computer knowledge and skills, prior experience with an Electronic Health Record
· BSN degree required, or in school pursuing the degree
· Two or more years of recent experience in a relevant unit (same or higher acuity of care as unit pursuing)
· Charge experience, lead, clinical coordinator or nurse manager experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· MSN or Master’s Health Administration or related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· State of Florida license as Registered Nurse with clear/active status
· Current BLS certification
· Current ACLS certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· LEAN Leadership Certification completion within two years – provided by the hospital
The Nurse Manager (NM) is responsible for daily operations and inclusive of staffing and patient flow in the assigned unit(s). The NM must be able to assist as needed at the bedside and maintain clinical competencies. The NM designs, directs, integrates, coordinates the nursing care for the respective services, inclusive of specific age groups dependent on the service standard of care. Incumbent in the position are the leadership responsibilities for providing collaborative processes to facilitate development of the hospital’s mission, vision, and values within the department. Assist Leadership with strategic planning and operational plans, service designs, resource allocation and organizational policies.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.