The Clinical Nurse Manager provides clinical oversight to the patient care team on the assigned unit. The leadership shall be rendered in an effective manner that is consistent and aligned with the core values, mission, ethics, policies and procedures of KRH.
This position will be responsible for two Preop units, two PACU Units and a Preadmit Clinic with about 45 FTEs.
Strategic Execution Drive organizational objectives by operationalizing changes and initiatives effectively and efficiently. Proactively anticipate both the needs of KRH and the impact operations has on the organization’s success. Collect and analyze data, prepare and present recommendations, and explain associated benefits and risks for improving operations.
Business Acumen Demonstrate and further develop competencies in the areas of leadership, financial management, employee engagement, human resources knowledge, organizational dynamics and governance, organizational communication, strategic planning, change management, risk management, compliance, patient safety and quality improvement. Demonstrate professional ownership, self-development and a desire for life-long learning.
Emotional Intelligence Serve as a role model for others by exhibiting the KRH core values: integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership. Lead and influence the team to provide outstanding customer service. Develop and foster relationships with other KRH leaders, departments and members of the team to support open communication, trust, transparency and collaboration.
Leadership Creates a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborates with Human Resources to develop, implement and support programs and processes that add value to KRH, its leadership and employees. Leads to improve culture, employee and physician engagement, empowerment, growth and retention, while remaining committed to KRH’s management and prosperity for its customers, employees and community.
Job Specific Duties:
1. *Provides day to day operational leadership to the assigned specialty program area(s).
2. *Maintains a demeanor of innovative and professional leadership, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions within the organization.
3. *Provides oversight of the clinical staff and patient care to include; staffing, orientation, education, policy/process compliance and overall quality of patient interaction and care. Performs annual performance evaluations, unit competencies and orientation checklists for assigned employees.
4. *Creates an environment of collaboration and mentorship and supports and/or assumes nursing duties operationally required.
5. *Encourages and develops risk, quality and safety reporting and analysis to foster problem solving, root case analysis for operational and clinical improvement.
6. *Supports customer service guidelines by developing patient and family relations, supporting the care team to provide exemplary customer service, and demonstrating proactive service recovery.
7. *Maintains adherence of nursing practice on the assigned unit according to the Montana State Nurse Practice Act, and the State Board of Nursing regulations, the regulatory standards governing KRH, and the application of the standards to the policies and procedures at KRH.
8. *Exhibits responsibility for ensuring the appropriate policies, procedures and documentation are utilized by the unit. Participates in the development and concurrent review of policies and procedures. Assures appropriate staff training for new procedures.
9. *Monitors unit productivity standards. Assists leadership with operational and capital budget development and fiscal oversight. Assists leadership and materials management to assure appropriate equipment and supplies are available. Provides input on supply use and supply/equipment cost analysis.
10. *Participates in proactive safety and risk management programs to improve structure, process and outcomes of care. Works with leadership to assess quality, outcomes, metrics, and implements process improvement. Participates in organizational committees/ task forces as assigned.
11. *Conducts focused rounds in the assigned unit(s) and ensures the safety, comfort and needs of patients and families are sustained in a timely, courteous and professional manner. Maintains a visible and participatory presence on the assigned unit and addresses needs or concerns in a timely manner.
12. *Proactively partners with Human Resources in the areas of employee relations, corrective action, performance management, recruiting, compensation, benefits and HR policies. Works closely with HR to develop job descriptions and job standards for each position and monitors for accuracy. Conducts annual performance appraisals according to HR guidelines. Provides regular, scheduled feedback to assigned employees regarding performance. Establishes processes to ensure employees are properly trained for positions and develops cross training opportunities as warranted.
13. Other duties as assigned. This position description in no way states or implies that these are all the only duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
1. Current Montana RN License or a multi state compact license with authorization to practice nursing within the state of Montana required. 2. Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) required. Masters in Nursing, healthcare administration, business or related field preferred. 3. Minimum of three (3) years’ leadership experience required. 4. Current RQI Healthcare Provider required. 5. Relevant specialty certifications preferred. 6. Minimum of two (2) years’ recent experience in ProOp/PostOp 7. Possess knowledge of the health care environment, health care reform and care delivery systems as they apply to the clinical practices on the assigned unit. 8. Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, a self-starter, possess critical thinking skills and be able to set priorities and function as part of a team as well as independently.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on protected veteran status, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law. If you require accommodation to complete the application, testing or interview process, please let us know. For Kalispell Regional positions, please email HRRecruiting@krmc.org.
Additional Salary Information: $10K Sign on incentive
Internal Number: 2021-9396
About Kalispell Regional Healthcare
Kalispell Regional Healthcare (KRH) is a nonprofit, 354-bed health system located in the iconic Flathead Valley of northwest Montana. While the main medical campus is located in Flathead County, KRH draws from a total service area covering 13 counties, nearly 40,000 square miles and a population of more than 600,000. The health system consists of three hospitals, nearly 40 provider clinics and a host of other health care services, including the nation’s first rural air ambulance service (A.L.E.R.T.), which it has maintained for more than 40 years. Founded in 1910, KRH has provided exceptional care for more than 100 years to the communities it serves. Throughout its history, the organization has continued to grow and evolve with the growth and changing needs of the communities it serves.
More than 4,000 physicians, nurses, health care professionals and support staff work together to provide patients and their families with a positive, proactive, patient-centered experience. KRH is especially well known for its programs in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience and spine care, orthopedics, women’s health, pediatrics and behavioral health.