Orthopedic Program Coordinator LPN AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
250 S. Chickasaw Trail, Orlando FL 32825
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Orlando East
AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provide leadership and support for orthopedic unit and orthopedic patients in other locations in the facility
· Collaborate with facility leadership on areas of concern and areas where continuous improvement opportunities exist.
· Communicate effectively with facility team, providers, internal and external customers.
· Ensure unfinished follow-up items are effectively communicated to on-coming supervisors. Follow-up on return to facility on items that remain incomplete. Identify opportunities for education or process improvement and participate in solutions where concerns persist.
· Conduct monthly “new hire” Ortho training for all nurses and CNAs joining the facility team. Assist in ensuring current staff participate in annual Ortho training in collaboration with the facility ADON/SDC
· Ensure DON and Unit manager are kept updated on current clinical issues that are in process of being addressed, customer service concerns, grievances, and other follow-up. Provide status updates consistently and collaborate with DON, Unit manager and other team members as appropriate to ensure positive outcomes
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse in the state hired
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
The Orthopedic Program Coordinator participates in providing direct care and services to residents, facilitating high-quality orthopedic and whole person care, and promoting the Orthopedic Program to internal and external customers. The Orthopedic Program Coordinator collaborates closely with the interdisciplinary team to ensure a consistent focus on providing evidence-based clinical care with a high degree of customer service. The Orthopedic Program Coordinator will adhere to the policies and procedures of this organization. Adherence to the Federal and State statutes is mandatory. The Orthopedic Program Coordinator, as a professional and licensed nurse, shall be responsible and accountable for making decisions based on the individual’s educational preparation and experience in nursing. In addition to the following duties set forth in this policy, the nurse shall follow the directives of the State Board of Nursing in the state in which he or she practices.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.