Nursing careers are better at Banner Health. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - apply today.
Banner Desert Medical Center/Banner Children's at Desert Main Surgery Department has 24 Operating Rooms, which includes 3 trauma rooms, 6 pediatric rooms, 1 cysto suite, 4 minimally invasive and 3 robotic rooms. BDMC/CCMC offers a full range of surgical specialties, including Peds Cardiovascular and Adult and Peds Trauma, Urology, Orthopedics, General, Gynecology, Neurology, EENT, Plastics and Robotics. We are the busiest OR in the valley, fast paced, and performing high acuity cases. In 2017, BDMC/CCMC Main Surgery Department performed over 21,000 surgeries. Adult cardiovascular, Labor & Delivery and Endoscopy Services are covered by separate departments. Our technologies includes TAVR, Volcano IVUS in the hybrid room. Si and Xi da Vinci robots. Banner Desert Medical Center is recognized by US News as a High Performing Hospital in Procedure/Condition Category. Surgical service lines include general, gyn, urology, robotics, ortho, neuro, plastics, and Level I trauma, peds and adult.
As a Registered Nurse CVOR Navigator, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Cardiovascular Services Surgery department! This position is full time , 40 hour/week day shift 6:30am-3pm.
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and under the Job Type filter, select New Nurse Experience.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates the patient and physician needs for specialty procedure based departments while providing nursing care to patients. Coordinates, plans, and directs the daily functioning of the specialty under the guidance of leadership. This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as a liaison with physicians, allied health personnel, and organizational vendors to identify and prioritize specialty service supply, instrument, and equipment needs for patient procedures. Reviews future schedule to prepare required equipment and resolve supply and equipment conflicts.
2. Coordinates oversight of quality, risk management, safety, and nursing standards and is a role model and resource for providing quality patient care and maintaining clinical competency on department.
3. Formulates and implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Ensures efficient and cost-effective use of department resources by coordinating use of appropriate supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures. Participates in continuous quality improvement of their service to benefit patient and physician needs.
5. Collaborates and communicates with leadership and support staff for identification of operational and capital inventory needs. Participates in prioritization of equipment requests for budgeting purposes.
6. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting, mentoring, and orientation when appropriate. Serves as a positive, clinical role model to facilitate staff development.
7. Communicates with scheduling for clarification of unique procedures, protocols, and inventory descriptions to facilitate the scheduling process.
8. May collaborate with staff in determining par levels for automatic reordering based on scheduled procedures, historical usage, availability, and product acquisition time.
9. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, including vendors and physician offices. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice. BCLS certification is required.
Must possess experience typically demonstrated through a minimum of 3 years of related clinical experience. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Must demonstrate commitment to professional improvement and practices to support the budgetary plan. Demonstrates critical thinking and leadership abilities. Requires strong oral and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Professional certification preferred. Certification may be preferred according to work assignment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.