In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The IT Solution Architecture team is responsible for being a trusted partner with the business and IT in order to design solutions that fulfill business requirements across the enterprise. Our goal is not only to solve a problem, but determine the best way to solve that problem for Banner Health and for our patients. In addition to evaluating the technology and integration options, we also challenge the business processes that result in the utilization of that technology. Our goals are to improve automation, standardization, reliability, flexibility, security, and trust.
As an IT Solutions Architect focusing on Cloud Solutions , you will be accountable for shaping and delivering on the overall cloud strategy. You will take the business and IT requirements and translate those to a solution design. You will help build trusted solutions that can provide a great user experience that keeps Banner Health and our patients safe. Your experience with cloud providers, such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon AWS, will help you quickly interpret requirements and determine cloud services that should be utilized to meet those needs. You will design the integrations between the on-prem systems and cloud services to provide a seamless user experience with consideration for the security and privacy of health care information. The typical schedule for this role is Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM (Arizona) with some flexibility. This position may be remote from Arizona or Colorado. An ideal candidate will have three or more years of experience creating cloud solution designs in AWS, GCP, or Azure, 3+ years of experience designing hybrid solutions that integrate cloud services with on-prem systems of record, and be a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert. The typical schedule for this role is Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM (Arizona) with some flexibility. This position may be remote from Arizona or Colorado. An ideal candidate will have three or more years of experience creating cloud solution designs in AWS, GCP, or Azure, 3+ years of experience designing hybrid solutions that integrate cloud services with on-prem systems of record, and be a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for developing the architectural artifacts, models, patterns, and transition activities ensuring strategic initiatives and goals are achievable, operationally efficient, technically sound, and accounted for.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Relentless focus on delivering outcomes and value to our business. In collaboration with a team of architects, partners with IT and our Business to develop architectures in support of strategic initiatives, goals, and industry trends.
2. Analyzes Business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and\or redundancies and recommend solutions for improvement. Architects must document current state architecture, integrate new solutions into existing systems and deploy experimental solutions that meet emerging business needs.
3. Recommends, reviews, documents, maintains and publishes functional technology standards for enterprise consumption. Creates solution patterns in focused technology domains. Ensures consistent adherence to standards for architectural artifact documentation and implementation. Develops and maintains domain specific capability documentation.
4. Serves as a credible expert advisor to peers and leadership on the appropriateness of current and future technologies based on the highest level of Total Cost of Ownership, Return on Investment, and strategic value to our business.
5. Develops and fosters relationships with business stakeholders and information technology management. Maintains in-depth knowledge of business strategies, initiatives and goals as well as industry trends, regulatory requirements, and cybersecurity threats. Advises functional leaders and executives making strategic investments in applications, databases, technologies, systems, technical services, or processes as a result of architectural development and cybersecurity risk assessments.
6. Visualize and plan for outcomes in the future and sustain work in achieving the outcomes. Defines roadmaps and transition architectures to bridge the gap from current to future state for business, information and technology capabilities.
7. Utilizes exceptional communication skills verbally, in writing, and presenting with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication. Ability to speak and write clearly and understandably at all levels of the organization. This position requires impeccable communication skills that bridge gaps between technical groups and business leaders.
8. Supports and promotes architecture governance and ensures architectures are aligned to business priority, comply with reference architecture standards, policy and regulatory requirements. Ensures Key Performance Indicators are established and tracked in all levels of work effort. Clearly defines success and implements the measurements to understand when success is achieved.
9. The IT Architect scope is the entire Enterprise. The scope and complexity will vary depending on the Architecture Role (Enterprise, Cybersecurity, Solution, Data, Infrastructure). It includes the people, processes, information and technology of the enterprise, and their relationships to one another and to the external environment. Peer group is individual contributor and leading leaders.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent of six plus years of work experience in a related field.
Architecture certification is required in designated area.
Requires eight plus years of current and progressive experience in architecture at the enterprise-scale, including two plus years' experience with implementing and adapting Architecture Frameworks and architecture modeling and three plus years' experience in a healthcare environment.
Requires proficient understanding of regulatory and compliance mandates, including but not limited to HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley. In addition, requires technical project experience designing, developing, integrating, and implementing solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts or on-call hours and responding to off hour paging may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.