Certified Nursing Assistant AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address:1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
Top Quality outcomes
Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
Leadership is accessible
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed relative to his or her age specific needs. Provides the care/services needed as described in the policies and procedure for the following age groups:
Adolescent: 13 years to 17 years
Adult: 18 years to 64 years
Geriatric: -65+ years
2. Maximum amount of heavy physical labor, lifting, pulling, standing and walking.
3. The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
4. Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
5. Data collection concerning the health status of the patient is precise, continuous, accessible, readable, communicated and recorded.
6. Assumes direct patient care responsibilities to assigned patients in an efficient, organized manner.
7. Keeps patient rooms and work area safe, uncluttered and neat at all times.
9. Reports all unusual occurrences and changes in patient status to the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
10. Answers patient call lights immediately.
11. Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
12. Actively participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary performance improvement activities.
13. Accepts extended responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Charge Nurse/Nurse Leader/House Manager/Director
What You Will Need:
• Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient at basic computer skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Training Program and/or completion of first semester of RN program.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
CPR Certification within 90 days of hire
The Certified Nursing Assistant, under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse, assumes responsibility for direct patient care. Through knowledge and assessment of the individual patient, provides patient care in a clean and safe environment. Reports patient needs and changes in the patient status to the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse. Represents the Department of Patient Care Services in a professional and courteous manner.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.