JOB SUMMARY: Supports one or more healthcare, administrative, or financial products or applications including day-to-day operational issues, break/fix, configuration, maintenance, upgrades and on-call rotations under occasional guidance.
Carefluent Connect is a wholly owned, for-profit, subsidiary of Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Our vision is to support Health and Care by offering a coordinated, efficient and effective approach to the provision of services; personalized to meet the needs of the patient. Our primary service line is supporting the DME and HME needs of patients as they transition from VUMC care into the home. This requires a talented staff with skillsets in managing referrals, inventory management, customer service, billing, collections, and the technology needed to support it. Additional service offerings include patient transportation, nutritional needs and other innovative ideas that support our vision
Designs, builds, installs, configures, and/or develops software to support clinical, administrative, financial and operational workflows.
Analyzes clinical, administrative, financial or operational workflows supported by the assigned products and their relationship to the technical environment in which they operate.
May perform analysis and design of supporting technical infrastructures.
Supports clinical, administrative, financial, revenue, or operational implementations for assigned products which may also include testing and QA, reporting, product life cycle, communication/collaboration with customers and vendors, and training users.
Develops and maintains documentation required to support, install or upgrade assigned products, hardware and interfaces.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE (NOVICE): - Understands the product in relation to other company products. Has general knowledge of the competition for the product in the marketplace. Understands the product life cycle from development through sales and customer support. Can describe product features and benefits using key product terminology.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE (NOVICE): - Understands customers' business operations beyond single issues driving a project. Demonstrates the ability to apply functional business knowledge to successfully meet work objectives. Has worked closely with knowledgeable users and customers in meeting their business needs. Demonstrates a good sense of the business when dealing with others. Critically evaluates the customer implications of technological advances. Knows and monitors the competition. Able to interpret business data.
PROBLEM MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate knowledge of Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Writes problem reports that contain all of the necessary information for clear, non-antagonistic communication to those responsible for fixing problems. Can effectively explain how to reproduce and analyze errors, as well as identify the type of error including coding, design issue and hardware. Makes simple suggestions for correction.
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - (NOVICE): - Knows most major/common assigned product group functions. Demonstrates ability to analyze and develop solutions to moderately complex clinical, administrative, financial, operational, and/or technical issues related to assigned product(s). Capable to design, build, configure, install, run reports, and perform maintenance support as instructed. Successfully handles basic break/fix service issues. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units. Organizes work and meets deadlines.
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING - (NOVICE): - Competent to apply changes or develop new functions based on understanding of the design of the system. Collaborates with knowledgeable users and customers in meeting their business needs. Participates in basic configuration management planning. Manages tasks, schedules activities, and organizes work to meet plan deadlines. Critically evaluates implications of technological changes. Able to interpret business data as it applies to configuration management.
TESTING - (NOVICE): - Competent to develop new and execute pre-designed program test data, load testing, and ensures validity of data passed among programs. Understands and uses quality assurance processes, tools, and scripts for testing purposes.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.