Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
2. BLS current at hire,
3. NRP certification prior to completion of orientation.
4. ACLS within 6 months of hire.
5. AWHONN fetal monitoring maintained as per Tenet Guidelines.
6. Advanced certification in specialty field and/or participation in professional organization(s) encouraged
1. Demonstrates an understanding of regulatory requirements and professional practice guidelines
2. Shows competence in the performance of department-specific skills in order to be a resource and mentor for others
3. Demonstrates an active involvement in leadership activities
4. Collaborates with other departments in a professional manner as needed to provide patient-centered care
5. Demonstrates effective communication, conflict resolution, team building, and leadership skills
6. Attend ongoing leadership training courses offered by facility
7. Promotes, facilitates, and educates team members on new practice changes, regulatory requirements, and organizational practice changes in a timely manner
8. Performs other specific department tasks as assigned by members of the departmentâ��s leadership team
9. Assists in monitoring staff performance, behaviors, and competency for performance reviews
10. Assigns and delegates patient care tasks as appropriate, considering staff membersâ�� level of nursing experience, competency, and knowledge
11. Able to effectively motivate and supervise others.
12. Able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the scope of professional nursing practice
13. Must be able to utilize good judgment in evaluating alternatives in difficult situations.
14. Able to work with the realization that errors in receiving and transcribing order, giving medications, treatments, or performing other procedures or performing supervisory duties could have detrimental effects to the patients.
15. Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members personnel
16. Discretion is required in handling confidential information
17. Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends and holiday due to staffing and census fluctuations
Job: Obstetric/Women Wing/Labor & Delivery
Primary Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Facility: East Cooper Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.