Licensed Practical Nurse - OB/GYN - $2500 SIGN ON BONUS
Location: Mt Kisco, New York
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: LICEN01672
Position Overview: The Licensed Practical Nurse or LPN provides nursing care to patients/significant others via direct and/or telephone contact, following established standards and practices. S/he coordinates with other members of the care team to ensure seamless care delivery, maximal coordination of efforts, and active patient participation in planning and care. Assists physician or other provider with clinical procedures and participates in patient teaching.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time. Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as assisting patients in arising from the exam table, pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting patients into/out of wheelchairs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. May require occasional lifting and carrying office supplies.
Typical Working Conditions: May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other substances and conditions common to a medical office environment. Requires working in close proximity to other personnel. Requires use of computer keyboard throughout the work day. May require use of autoclave for instrument sterilization. Requires working under stressful conditions and/or working irregular hours.
Provides Direction To: Clerical assistants, medical assistants, and other non-licensed personnel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing. New York State (NYS) license with current NYS registration, in good standing. Record of prior stable employment and/or favorable references.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount Medical/CareMount Health Solutions will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of one year experience as a licensed practical nurse or two years as a medical assistant in a pertinent practice area. Current CPR/BLS certification.
NOTE: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.
I. PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
A. Clinical Knowledge and Skills
1. Demonstrates clinical competence in the clinical knowledge and skills area of practice, and assisting MD's with procedures. 2. Demonstrates basic knowledge of common disease processes and treatments, including pertinent diagnostic/laboratory testing and medical/nursing interventions; familiar with preventative health measures related to population served 3. Demonstrates a proactive approach to patient care, focusing on addressing each patient's individual and family needs at the time of service; communicates identified needs in a timely manner. 4. Utilizes evidence-based approaches with patients/families/caregivers to support self-management, self-efficacy, and health-promoting behavior change. 5. Collaborates with patients and other members of the health-care team to establish goals and priorities to meet patients' immediate and future needs with consideration of developmental differences. 6. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and technical ability in medication/treatment administration; administers prescribed medications correctly, with knowledge of proper dosage, route, site and possible side effects; 7. Provides accurate, up-to-date clinical information to patients consistent with LPN scope of practice and accepted CareMount Medical practice standards, policies, and protocols; 8. Functions effectively w/ other healthcare providers during clinical emergency situations 9. Understands and practices universal precautions correctly and consistently complies with all applicable OSHA guidelines and CareMount Medical policies;
1. Communicates professionally in all situations and across all modalities (email, telephone, and EHR) 2. Notifies patients and reception staff promptly of un-anticipated physician/mid-level healthcare professional delays or scheduling changes; 3. Demonstrates effective communication strategies reflective of the needs of all patients, including those from vulnerable populations 4. Provides reassurance to patients who are upset and/or in need of assistance or additional information; 5. Delegates duties to clerical assistants, medical assistants, and other assistive personnel as appropriate; 6. Answers telephone promptly and courteously and identifies self by name and department (and physician's office by physician's name, if appropriate) 7. Effectively and efficiently screens patient phone calls and schedules same-day (work-in) appointments as per departmental or individual physician guidelines 8. Facilitates patient referrals and pre-certs as needed; communicates potential for additional care coordination with outside organizations and/or providers when identified 9. Consults with physicians, RN's and Patient Care Manager as necessary;
C. Organizational Skills
1. Demonstrates ability to set priorities appropriately toward the achievement of a desired outcome 2. Sets priorities effectively to ensure timely completion of assigned work; 3. Requests assistance as appropriate in order to complete assigned work. 4. Takes and delivers complete, appropriate and signed messages as needed; 5. Efficiently & effectively processes multiple and/or simultaneous tasks. 6. Notifies patients of amount of time needed to address or answer their requests or questions; completes such requests as promptly as possible and/or notifies patient of anticipated (or unanticipated) delays;
D. Documentation 1. Documents in EMR all pertinent clinical observations/information medications/immunizations/treatments given, etc.; utilizing medication and immunization module. 2. Maintains legible log of all telephone calls received, including, but not limited to: date and time of call, full name, date of birth, and call back number as well as reason for call, per departmental guidelines.
E. Team Dynamics
1. Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills to maintain the smooth functioning of the department & patient/personnel safety 2. Offers to assist others when work load permits; 3. Provides direction & support, delegates tasks to professional & non-professional staff; Is cooperative & open-minded in working in a team setting 4. Actively participates in the care team to ensure that patient needs and preferences are incorporated into the comprehensive plan of care 5. Serves as an effective preceptor to new staff as assigned; 6. Effectively performs the duties of charge nurse as assigned 7. Actively participates in departmental staff meetings. 8. Assists Patient Care Manager when possible by taking on alternate assignments or responsibilities, working additional hours, or altering regularly scheduled hours, when necessary.
1. Demonstrates accountability, sound judgment, & ethical behavior in all activities; 2. Keeps current in clinical and theoretical nursing practices 3. Attends mandatory conferences/in-services in order to maintain active NY State registration, in good standing with NY State Education Department 4. Serves as a role model for professional conduct and professional practice (e.g., maintaining composure during times of increased stress 5. Maintains confidentiality of all information obtained from patient records and conversations with patients, physicians, and other CareMount Medical personnel; 6. Demonstrates patient advocacy; 7. Maintains current license, NYS registration, & BLS certification.
G. Other Specific Responsibilities/Duties
II. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES
A. Arrives to work on time or notifies Patient Care Manager or designee as soon as employee becomes aware that s/he will be absent or tardy, and/or as per individual department protocol. B. Maintains an acceptable attendance record as per CareMount Medical policies and procedures. C. Notifies Patient Care Manager or designee whenever leaving CareMount Medical premises during scheduled work hours. D. Attends all mandatory CareMount Medical programs and in-services. E. Dresses according to CareMount Medical dress code.
F. Assumes responsibility for reading, understanding, and complying with information contained in the current CareMount Medical Employee Handbook, CareMount Medical Clinical and/or Administrative Policy & Procedure Manuals, as applicable. G. Maintains patient confidentiality under all circumstances, and follows all CareMount Medical policies regarding confidentiality. H. Assists Patient Care Manager and/or designee, and/or other administrative personnel when possible by taking on alternate assignments or other responsibilities, working additional hours, or altering regularly scheduled hours, when necessary, for the efficient operation of CareMount Medical.
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.