LPN Med Surg signing bonus Bedford County Hospital
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2207562
$10,000 sign-on bonus for qualified candidates!
(candidates who have worked for Vanderbilt within the last year and current employees are not eligible)
Responsible for administering patient care within the scope of his/her training and expertise, collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes is met.
* Ability to demonstrate effective communications skills, empathy, and unconditional positive regard toward all patients and co-workers.
* Delivery of clinical practice utilizing standards of practice and in accordance with the hospitals mission & vision.
* Ability to work under limited supervision and to follow written and oral instructions.
* Knowledge of bio psychosocial and spiritual aspects of human behavior ranging from infancy to geriatrics.
* Compliance with organizational requirements, including policies, procedures and regulations specific to your unit.
* Mechanism must be provided for contact of employee (i.e., cell phone, telephone, emergency contact).
* Flexibility in schedule in order to meet the needs of the patients, community and staff.
* Participates in performance improvement to improve patient outcomes.
* Maintains licensure, required certification and annual education requirements prior to due date.
* Demonstrates professional behavior with a positive outlook at all times
* Knowledge and implementation of standardized PPE regarding the prevention / transmission of infectious disease / isolation processes.
* Other duties as assigned.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Bedford County Hospital:
Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital is your community healthcare provider: a 60-bed facility with a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient, medical, and surgical services.
Acquired by Vanderbilt Health in 2021, the hospital is the sole provider of inpatient medical services for Bedford County. We believe in the power of people to create great care. With more than 32 doctors and 250 hospital staff, Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital delivers personalized, high-quality health care close to home, in a modern, patient-friendly environment.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make each and every day:
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.