**$2500 Sign on Bonus Available for External Candidates**
Incentive Bonus 2 times a year
23 days of PTO & Closed on Major Holidays
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Cardiology RN is responsible for carrying out day-to-day support duties and facilitating teaching related to the Chronic Care, Heart Failure, and Ischemic Heart Disease, Infusion Therapy, and Cardiac Rehab. The Cardiology RN works in conjunction with the Cardiology team, providers, clinic staff and primary care physicians. This position assists in providing patient empowerment with motivational interviewing skills, problem solving and self-management goal setting.
- Works with the providers and clinic staff to identify patients with Heart failure, IHD, Cardiac Rehab and ensures clinical guidelines are being followed
- Triage patients, administer IV therapy under the direction of the providers, and relay test results after provider interpretation
- Conducts Chronic Care Model visits and reviews the patient’s informal and formal support systems, focusing on what patients want to improve and educating them about their chronic disease
- Utilizes appropriate motivational interviewing techniques necessary for coaching and assisting the patient to complete self-management goal/action plans
- Enters timely and accurate data into the EMR system and other applications necessary to communicate patient needs and to ensure complete documentation of patient visits and phone calls
- Remote monitoring of patients, setting parameters with provider direction, identify changes in patient vitals, conduct on-going discussions in regards to disease management with the providers
- Maintains current knowledge regarding HF, IHD as well as treatments and medications related to each
- Establishes a trusting relationship with identified patients, caregivers, clinic staff members and physicians
- Conducts clinic one-on-one visits with patients, triaging, educated on disease, diet, assess patient needs. Communicates these needs to the appropriate person (i.e. Social Worker, clinic staff, etc.) or addresses them per process
- Solves problems by gathering and/or reviewing facts and selecting the best solution from identified alternatives. Decision-making is usually based on prior practice or policy, with some interpretation. Applies individual reasoning to the solution of a problem devising or modifying processes and writing procedures
- Serves as a resource or consultant for LVN/MA team members
- Attends educational offerings to keep abreast of change and complies with licensing requirements, ensures all patient educational materials are up-to-date, and maintains knowledge of specialty and ancillary provider contract contents, to include exclusions and contract terms
- Collaborates with the cardiology team to recommend policies, procedures and standards, which affect the care of the patient with high-risk chronic disease diagnoses such as HF, IHD, and all Cardiology related diseases
- Exhibits professionalism and is courteous with all patients, physicians and co-workers
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered Nurse with a current license to practice in the state of employment
- 2+ years experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
- Cardiac, medical-surgical and/or critical care experience
- Experience related to patient education and/or motivational interviewing skills and self-management goal setting
- Proficient knowledge of chronic diseases, especially HF and IHD
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge of managed care, referral processes, claims and ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to interact productively with individuals and with multidisciplinary teams
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.