Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in the Treasure Valley is seeking a part time nights (0.6) RN to join our Clinical Support Unit (Float Pool).
St. Luke's Clinical Support Unit (Internal Float Pool) is searching for experienced RNs for our Treasure Valley hospitals- Boise, Meridian & Nampa. The Clinical Support Unit (CSU) is a dynamic department that provides a high quality float experience to the departments and patients we serve. This requires nurses that are energetic, flexible and willing to support the mission of the organization. CSU float pool RNs maintain competencies for each unit supported, typically 3 skill sets are supported within one service line. Inter-facility floating is expected (Boise, Meridian, and Nampa).
Below is an example of the service line structure and the skill sets CSU RN's typically work within, but your time working in the float pool can open up opportunities to expand your skills into any of these areas:
- Medical Surgical/Telemetry: Medical/Surgical, Telemetry, Mother/Baby, Pediatrics, Emergency Departments- Women's Center: Antepartum, Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby, NICU- Critical Care:Critical Care, Emergency Departments, PICU, NICU, Telemetry- Children's Center:Mother/Baby, Pediatrics, PICU, NICUOther:Chemotherapy, Resource RN, Infusion Center
Once orientation concludes, our Clinical Support Unit offers a 10% differential in addition to the base rate!
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's or Associate's Nursing Degree
Experience: 1+ years of experience
Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current opening
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Treasure Valley
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.