All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Paid Days Off from Day One
Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Days 10 a
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
The role you’ll contribute: The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures, and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and or designee.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
KNOWLEDGE/CERTIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care according to patient outcomes.
· Basic computer skills – must be able to navigate Microsoft windows based programs.
· Supervision experience and skills required.
· Maintains current license and knowledge of nursing care requirements for all patients on the unit. Assesses need for personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking opportunities to meet this need.
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
· Supports staff involvement in project teams/committees as evidenced by discussion in minutes.
· Projects are completed with consideration for quality, practice and educational components.
· Participates in or chairs projects or committees as volunteered or assigned.
· Consults with patients/families through primary nurse request, direct family request and/or direct assessment of patient/family response to hospitalization. Assesses patient/significant other survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
· Collaborates with the department of education and training to plan for orientation of new personnel and unit specific education/in-service as documented.
· Monitors the mandatory educational activities of personnel on the unit to ensure individual and unit compliance.
· Meets with the director on an ongoing basis to discuss plans, progress, problems, and needs of unit.
· In collaboration with the director, is responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources.
· Manages hours worked, including overtime for all unit personnel.
· Monitors and controls supply use.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – All:
· Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
What You Will Need:
· Active Florida RN or APRN license required upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification or RQI upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association PALS certification or RQI upon hire.
· Current NIHSS Certification upon hire.
· AVADE Education within 90 days of hire date.
· 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
· 8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.