Location: Valhalla, New York
Salary Range:$69.94 - $82.52
The Manager of Pharmacy manages the daily activities of a designated clinical function to ensure effective and cost efficient health care services. Administers the budget, supervises staff, and develops business opportunities. Resolves all operational issues and complaints to promote patient satisfaction.
- Coordinates the identification, communication and resolution of problems relating to daily operational activities.
- Encourages and stimulates excellence among employees in work habits, area maintenance, mutual respect, customer service and other activities directly or indirectly related to patient care.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of programs and policies for monitoring and enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of pharmacy services.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and motivation of staff by assuring the timely resolution of personnel issues, ongoing communication of performance expectations and the completion of performance reviews.
- Communicates the status of projects, staff concerns, and problems to the Director of Pharmacy or designee on a routine basis.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting quality indicators, work volume statistics, and project statuses in the pharmacy department.
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy or designee in setting priorities for and tracking progress on quality, safety, and regulatory compliance. Maintains expert working knowledge of The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG), Department of Public Health (DPH), American Society of Health system Pharmacists (ASHP), Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) and Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS) medication-related and pharmacy practice standards and metrics and relates them to current departmental and organizational policies and procedures in pharmacy practice.
- Performs regular audits and rounds in areas where medications are stored, prepared or administered to identify practices that deviate from existing policies or standards. Ensures completion of the Patient Care Area Inspections and reviews these data for improvement opportunities or trends.
- Assists process improvement teams in developing action plans to address practice gaps and foster a culture of safety.
- Advises the Director of Pharmacy on designing new processes in a way that minimizes safety risk and process inefficiency. Utilize process improvement tools and LEAN principles in designing and implementing new processes or process changes.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and performance management of professional and technical staff in area that you have oversight for.
- Fosters open inter- and intradepartmental communication between staff and managers. Participates in departmental, organizational and health system committees related to medication management as directed by the Director, Pharmacy Services.
- Complies with all aspects of the hospital's patient/customer relations program. Demonstrates professionalism in all activities, as measure by a concern for patient care, the ability to listen /cooperate, showing flexibility under stress, the ability to help others, and the ability to set and achieve goals.
- Effectively demonstrates the principles and conduct consistent with a High Reliability Organization.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others.
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community.
- Supports ongoing education of other professional personnel, including the Departments of Medicine and Nursing, throughout the institution.
- Participates in Nursing/Pharmacy Committee meetings.
- Adheres to Westchester Medical Center Health Network's legal and ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Five years' experience in Pharmacy, two of which were at a leadership level.
Pharm D. New York State license/registration required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Must maintain NYS Pharmacy License
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC