Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com/tri
- Provides care in the individual and group setting
- Works with primary care providers throughout the organization to provide education and monitoring services for all referred patients
- Works closely with the staff and providers to identify patients that require education and monitoring services
- Manages a caseload of patients independently
- Assesses patients for their learning needs, follows them appropriately and documents in the patient electronic medical record
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the area of cardiology care
- Provides staff education for nurses or others at various sites as requested
- Collaborates with the practice manager in relation to time utilization and program development
- Utilizes the curriculum developed for the care of patients
- Provides professional and courteous care to patients
- Participates in monthly patient support groups
- Provides support, teaching and ongoing management services to cardiology patients
- Provides self-management education in both group and individual visits
- Provides instruction on administration of subcutaneous as well as non-insulin injectable antihyperglycemic agents
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance will be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed as an RN in the State of New York
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Epic Computer Experience
- Experience working in an ambulatory clinic setting
- Experience in an cardiology setting where experience
- Knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc
- Familiarity with electronic medical records
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.