$3,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
This position is located at Rancho Urgent Care 7P-7:30A with a weekend rotation
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OPTUMcare is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Work schedule: 7PM - 7:30AM, 3-12 hour shifts with a weekend rotation
- Provide clinical intervention, such as drug administration, treatments and procedures as ordered by provider and within scope of practice
- Collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief complaint, review of medications, allergies health risk screen information and other services
- Direct patients to the team member that would resolve issues prior to and after the Primary Care appointment. Participates in the monitoring of patients with chronic disease. Ensure patients meet post hospital visit requirements, medication refills and follow up appointments
- Function as a member of the interdisciplinary team to facilitate care; assists RN with the coordination and completion of patient care plan
- Compliance with customer services standards, billing functions to include patient check in/out process (SMA 180-2), cash handling, scheduling and entering appointments, demographics, empanelment and insurance information in ID
- Assist with phone calls and messages. Determines best actions and collaborates with team to assign accountabilities to resolve
- Compliance requirements such as laboratory QC management, waive testing, maintenance of crash cart and drug count, as well as other requirements dictated by clinic needs
- Other duties as assigned to include, but not limited to, assisting coworkers, float to other areas and training of medical assistants
- Follow standard protocols, processes and policies to include but not limited to the following: medication refill, preventative services, managing conditions and disease case management as signed by department head or designee
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active unrestricted NV licensure, with ability to obtain permanent LPN NV license upon expiration of temporary license
- Current CPR certification or willing to obtain upon hire
- 1+ years of clinical nursing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with patient teaching
- Ability to administer medications and injections
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years working in Primary Care with HEDIS understanding
- 1+ years of experience charting and tasking in EMR
- Experience working in a team environment
- Solid customer service experience
- IV certification/experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.