Medical Assistant MA – Floating – AdventHealth Medical Group
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to 3K Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person & Mental Health Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift: Monday - Friday 7am-7pm availability (8hr shift)
Location: Varies, offices in Tavares
The role you’ll contribute:
Assists the physician in providing medical care to patients of various ages according to the policy of individual practice, in accordance with professional standards and hospital policies and procedures. Adheres to the AdventHealth Medical Group Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Responsible for helping practice and physician achieve all meaningful use measures. Demonstrates effective use and support of the Customer and Superior Service Standards, within the hospital and physician office settings, at all times. Functions under the supervision of the physician and the Practice Manager/Office Supervisor.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Cleans, prepares and maintains examinations rooms and treatment areas.
- Prepares patients for examinations, procedures and treatments and assists with examinations, procedures, and treatments.
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications and immunizations as directed by supervising physician and as permitted by state law.
- Maintains medication and immunization records
- Organize and review incoming test results and forward to physician.
- Tracks impending test results. Follows up with patients as needed.
- May provide specialized care in iatrogenic injuries and podiatric disease and disorders
- Performs electrocardiography and respiratory testing.
- Performs phlebotomy, including venipuncture and capillary puncture
- Maintains responsibility for clinical aspect of practice:
- Assumes responsibility for inventory of clinical supplies, ensuring adequate levels are kept, and organized, on an ongoing basis. Unpacks and verifies proper receipt of supplies, handling any necessary returns or rejections.
- Provides control and maintenance of bio-hazardous waste and sharps
- Checks sample medications for overstocking and date of expiration. Labels samples according to protocol before they are dispensed to patients. Logs in, and disposes of, sample medications according to policy.
- Manually cleans dirty instruments and packages instruments for sterilization.
- Utilizes autoclave and biological indicators, as per policy.
- Ensures proper consents are signed prior to a procedure
- Ensures Summary List is completed and updated each visit
- Schedules patient’s inpatient/outpatient admissions and procedures