Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Operations Control Center
Coordinates the scheduling/admission/transfer of all patient admissions from referring hospitals, clinics, urgent care clinics and physician offices to effectively balance the impact to clinical and operational areas and facilitate effectual throughput. Coordinates all components related to the initial admission, transfer, or consult of critical and non-critical patients into the accepting facility from referring hospitals, clinics, and physician offices with some guidance. Manages and dispatch tasks for patient transport and Environmental Services.
* Make recommendations that promote the best potential patient outcomes based on patient information, patient/physician preferences, and the capability of both transferring and receiving facilities.
* Screens admissions, using approved criteria, for appropriateness of level of care orders and bed assignments. Coordinate patient scheduling needs for appointments and perioperative procedures.
* Conducts Bed Control Meetings in conjunction with Administrative Coordinator, interacts with multi-disciplinary stakeholders in exploring expected patient admissions, transfers and discharges, and serves as coordinator for patient movement throughout facility.
* Identify, trend, and report barriers to patient flow and throughput. Make recommendations for improving processes and systems.
* Direct the activity of the EVS and transporters, ensuring timely completion of tasks; follow-up on issues related to service and operations.
* Continuously monitors response times and. alerts supervisor if response time are longer than departmental standards.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Mentoring & Coaching (Novice): Constructively trains and mentors others by providing positive direction and feedback. Has provided constructive suggestions to improve a situation. Knows how to remove roadblocks to success and avoids judgments at all times. Makes a concerted effort to pass on experiences and job information that can be learned easily.
* System Knowledge (Intermediate): Knowledge of the operation and support of the system from the standpoint of computer operations, network operations, and/or technical support.
* Customer Service (Intermediate): A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
* Data Entry (Intermediate): The ability to transcribe information from the original source into an electronic system according to written and verbal instructions efficiently and accurately.
* Documentation (Intermediate): Ensures that all documentation is complete, accurate, thorough, and compliant.
* Critical Thinking (Intermediate): The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.