Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Primary role is driving to patient homes and obtaining morning labs. 40 hours per week (8 hour shift x5). Requirements are TN active CNA certification, Phlebotomy training, 1 year of relevant work experience and active Drivers License.
* Assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
* Assists with day to day delivery of patient care.
* Facilitates efficient and safe patient care and flow by following work area standards.
* Serves as a liaison for communication and education of patient and family needs.
* Supports unit operations and patient flow by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Care Partner Patient Documentation (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience or training working with clinical applications for patient documentation.
* Environment of Care (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience or training working with set up and maintenance of patient exam rooms, supplies and equipment.
* Clinical Competencies (Novice): Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency to assist and perform clinical care including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection, medication administration and point of care testing as directed by unit standards.
* Planning & Organizing (Fundamental Awareness): Demonstrates ability to anticipate basic resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for own assignments and responsibilities. Appropriately matches equipment, and capital resources to task demands. Prepares and presents clear and accurate status reports on projects and assignments.
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Certified Nursing Assistant - Certification - Others
Relevant Work Experience
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.