Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-021694
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA, is it in yours?
Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA) has an exciting opening for a seasoned Benefits Analyst in our Central office in Austin, Texas. **This is not a remote opportunity.**
Working in support of the SHUSA Total Rewards Center of Excellence, the Benefits Analyst will serve as the subject matter expert for all SHUSA leave of absence and benefit programs under the general direction and guidance of the Benefits Manager. This role is expected to timely respond to inquiries from all levels of the organization, troubleshoot, and resolve issues concerning LOA eligibility and coverage.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists with the day-to-day administration of retirement and health and welfare benefit programs, including assisting employees with enrollment and mid-year plan changes, leveraging employee-support resources for inquiries and delegating escalations, and researching and resolving issues with benefits vendors to support Sonic's benefits and leave programs following the plan documents.
- Manages third-party vendor for all leave programs and interprets policies under the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, HIPAA, etc.)
- Generates leave of absence reporting metrics and analytics.
- Provides input into benefit programs, including implementation, administration, and communication.
- Responds timely to life insurance and LTD waiver of premium claims, child support notices, and vendor file discrepancy reports.
- Oversees and processes all covered dependent verifications and removals.
- Acts as the Benefits Manager's primary backup, compiles and audits data during Sonic Healthcare's annual open enrollment period.
- Educates on and supports employee self-service enrollment and benefit-related tasks within HRIS. Coordinates changes as needed within HRIS and vendor administration systems.
- Provides training and guidance to employees, managers, and HR on the requirements and provisions of the LOA and ADA programs.
- Collaborates with Payroll, HR partners, managers, and internal/external legal counsel to manage the ADA interactive process for leave-related claims.
- Helps create and conduct presentations to inform and educate management and employees about changes to benefit plans, policies, administrative practices, or legislative requirements.
- Assists with the distribution of required employee notices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the qualifications and experience we require:
- BS/BA in business administration, human resources, or other relevant field.
- 3-5 years of successful work experience as a Benefits or Leave Administrator.
- Maintains extensive working knowledge of all leave of absence policies and practices, current FMLA federal legislation, ADA, and state and jurisdictional leave laws.
- Working knowledge of US employee benefits regulations and guidelines (ERISA, Cafeteria Plan).
- Excellent customer service skills with a sense of urgency.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Discretion and judgment will be required on when to escalate, deflect, etc., to internal partners.
- Commitment to staying current on federal, state, and jurisdictional laws and regulations.
- Ability to work independently, well organized with attention to detail, self-motivated, and manage several competing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or related software.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Experience with Workday's Absence and/or Benefits module is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with direct LOA administration or management in a high-volume environment is preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Excited about a career with a company that exemplifies its core values and offers a great total rewards package? Apply Now!
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Savings Plan and Employer Match
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.