All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Sign-on Bonus*
- Relocation Bonus*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Day 11a-11p shift
Location: 40100 US-27, Davenport, FL 33837
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
- AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
- As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
- High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association.
- Located in Davenport, FL., which is close to major destinations, like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Licensed Practical Nurse gives direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of a professional nurse and performs routine duties in caring for identified age specific groups (may include neonate to geriatric). Approaches patient care using the nursing process of planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes. Adheres to the AdventHealth Waterman Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity, and culture. Provides care according to scope of practice for an LPN. Conducts physician/nurse rounding and data gathering. Addresses all patient issues throughout shift including physical, mental, social and spiritual needs. Participates in education and discharge planning using established education materials.
• Performs and documents basic nursing procedures and medication administration
• Collaborates with RN and makes appropriate nursing decisions and interventions. Interprets diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Recognizes and reports problems.
• Collaborates with other healthcare team members in the clinical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
• Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees, identifies and reports environmental concerns to the leadership team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards, AdventHealth policies and standard operating procedures.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduate of a school of practical nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current valid State of Florida or multi-state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
• BLS Certification
• IV Certification
• Must be enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.