Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full - Time: 40 Hours Per Week
1st Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Remote with Onsite Requirements as Needed
Applicant Must Reside in Ohio or Pennsylvania at the Time of Offer
The Director of Treasury and Tax directs the strategy as well as operational function of the centralized treasury function for Akron Children's that includes cash and investment management, debt management and strategy, and the centralized tax reporting function including the quarterly annual tax return preparation for the health system. The Director will need to be comfortable both directing strategy and performing the necessary work The role will have high visibility as it presents material at Board Committees and key external parties, such as rating agencies.
* Develops, supports, maintains, and oversees the preparation of short-, medium-, and long-term cash forecasts.
* Presents to the Board Committees as needed on relevant topics.
* Oversight of investments within the employee retirement plans.
* Works to implement changes in investment portfolios as approved by applicable positions or Investment Committee. Provides input to finance leadership on appropriate investment structure, policy and procedures.
* Oversees the issuance of cash position report to relevant Finance leadership.
* Ensures optimal liquidity is available to meet all cash needs
* Oversees and maintains the treasury systems
* Oversees and maintains key relationships with banks, investment advisors, financial advisors and similar third party relationships.
* Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for the Corporate Treasury function
* Ensures daily wires and ACHs for multiple bank structures are performed in a safe and secure manner.
* Identifies opportunities to streamline and consolidate the bank account structure.
* Maintains bank account structure.
* Identifies and executes on maximizing yield on operating funds while minimizing undue risk.
* Supports annual audit process related to relevant schedules and footnotes.
* Prepares quarterly and annual EMMA Filings for appropriate and relevant data submitted for accuracy and consistency.
* Assists with the preparation of annual budget to include interest expense, cash sources and uses, non-operating income, etc.
* Directs processes related to issuance of debt.
* Prepares the Form 990s for Akron Children's and Subsidiaries
* Ensures excise and quarterly tax payments are completed as necessary
* Stays abreast of current IRS Code relative to Children's operations
* Stays abreast of sales tax requirements relative to operations in the health system.
* Excellent Communications Skills
* Excellent Presentation Skills
* Strong Analytical Skills
* Strong Collaborative Skills
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills
* Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
Education and Experience:
The candidate must possess a four year bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. An MBA and/or CPA and/or CTP designation is preferred.
The candidate must have five years' experience working in tax, accounting or treasury capacity.
The candidate must have prior supervisory experience.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: