Location: Nashville, Tennessee
WIC Belle Meade
Supports the licensed healthcare team in performing office examinations and procedures by organizing and managing clinic patient flow, gathering and documenting patient screening data, assist with patient and family education and communication with patient's health care team. Demonstrates and role models effective communication and professionalism in all situations. Furthers growth by engaging in learning activities to advance skills.
* Directs and supports patient flow as well as unit operations by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
* Facilitates identification of resources to meet patient healthcare needs.
* Performs/assists with procedures according to organizational/departmental standards.
* Collects and documents patient screening data for the healthcare team.
* Assists with patient and family education.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Clinical Competencies (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery proficiency to assist and perform clinical care including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection, medication administration and point of care testing as directed by unit standards. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering clinical competencies without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
* Environment of Care (Intermediate): Demonstrates mastery proficiency with set up and maintenance of patient exam room, supplies and equipment. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering environment of care services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate peers by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
* Clinical Patient Documentation (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience or training working with clinical applications for patient documentation.
* Planning & Organizing (Intermediate): Demonstrates ability to anticipate complex resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work beyond areas of direct responsibility. Merges diverse points of view into a coalition with shared goals and objectives. Plans for and anticipates events outside of immediate responsibility. Anticipates problems and obstacles before they arise. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while maintaining a high level of performance. Competently handles multiple assignments and projects simultaneously. Sets priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance. Develops creative ideas and takes innovative action. Understands and identifies with the basic goals and values of the organization.
Our clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.
* Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.* Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.* Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas. - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively:- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.